• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay after leaving a job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knicket

What is the name of your country?
UK

If I leave a job or get fired what are my chances of getting the pay I am owed for the months work I have done?

I know this is a primarily American forum but I imagine the laws are not too different. Any advice you could give would help me immensely.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Actually, this is not primarily a US forum. It is exclusively a US forum.

And from what I understand talking to a colleague in the UK,the laws are IMMENSELY different. She is constantly pointing out things that we can do in the US that she can't do in the UK, or vice versa.

In the US how long an employer would have to pay you your final pay varies widely depending on what state you're in. It would HAVE to be paid; but it could be due as soon as your last day of work or as long as 35 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">