• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residency in the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Olga

I am a nationalized american citizen from South America. In Jan. 93 I petitioned my sister, her husband and 2 minor children to come to live to the USA legally, that is with resident visas. My petition was accepted by INS. Because of the economic situation in my country, they moved to Spain in 97 and they continue to wait there to come to America. By the way, my brother in law and two children are spanish citizens, my sister is working toward hers. My question is: is there a way that I could get them to move to the US legally and be allowed to make a living here while they wait for their residency. Seems as though you can come to this great country easier if you do it illegally, but that is out of the question for us.

S

SJLin

Another possible way is to seek immigrant status based on employment. However, it is not that easy and requires that the foreign national possess special skills, outstanding abilities and/or have a particular skill that an employer desires. For more information about obtaining immigrant status through employment, you should consult with an immigration lawyer. You can find one at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">