• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towed in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyslew

What is the name of your state? Maryland - Frederick County

I was towed from a parking space on a road in a developement in Walkersville. The parking spaces are numbered, but this developement is not posted private property. There are no private parking signs. Nothing about violators towed at owner's expense to such and such garage. The person who claims this space as his says he put a note on my car and that the car sat with the note for 12 hours. My car was not there for 12 hours, but there was a note on the windshield. Also, after my car was towed nobody parked in the parking space! According to the family I was visiting that space is never used by the person initiating the towing, but my Godson says that he has seen 3 or 4 cars towed from that space in December. The towing is being done by a very small local garage. We suspect that the person initiating the towing and the tow truck driver are spliting the money.

I know that every development in Baltimore, where I live, has signs posted that it is private parking and unauthorized vehicles will be towed to a named garage at owner's expense. I am pretty certain that is required by law in Baltimore - but is that law only in Baltimore, or does it apply to the entire state? Can they legally tow without signs posted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">