• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggresive driving in ga.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j.love112

What is the name of your state?
My state is Georgia. I passed an off-duty officer in a civilian car at 4:00 a.m. We were the only two vehicles on a two-mile stretch of open road. I proceeded to drive on at an excessive rate of speed. The officer called two marked cars to pull me over. I was given a breathalyzer which I passed. The officer in the civilian vehicle borrowed a ticket book from one of the on-duty officers and went on to give me an aggressive driving citation.

This cititation calls for a mandatory court apearance. This is my first serious traffic violation. I don't know what to expect, plus the whole incident is sketchy. I would appreciate any advice
state: Ga.

Aggressive driving can but up there with DWI in seriousness in some states. The mandatory court appearance reflects the seriousness also. A lawyer is probably a good investiment.

cameratype24

Call a lawyer in your area, some give free consultations. I got a ticket for a 6-point violation as well, passing a school bus. I asked about the jail-time aspect of it, as it is a misdemanor, and the lawyers said to not be worried about it. Don't know how different your violation is viewed, but be sure to call some lawyers okays.

j.love112

found a loop hole

40-6-397.
(a) A person commits the offense of aggressive driving when he or she operates any motor vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person, including without limitation violating Code Section 40-6-42, 40-6-48, 40-6-49, 40-6-123, 40-6-184, 40-6-312, or 40-6-390 with such intent. (b) Any person convicted of aggressive driving shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

georgia state law clearly says the offense of aggressive driving must be attached to another offense. Study the laws you might find loop holes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">