• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excess of 100 MPH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquaturtle

I was given a ticket for 22348(b) which is driving in excess of 100 MPH

The speed was 104 and it was at 12:45 am

I live in California

I have had my provisional license for a little over 7 months, what do you think is in store?

rmet4nzkx

aquaturtle said:
I was given a ticket for 22348(b) which is driving in excess of 100 MPH

The speed was 104 and it was at 12:45 am

I live in California

I have had my provisional license for a little over 7 months, what do you think is in store?
How old are you? Your age and the fact that the license was provisional will have additional significance. Here is the section for which you were cited.

Advice, get good walking shoes, bicycle and learn to use public transportation, be ready to pay some hefty fines and higher insurance once you are able to drive again.

Excessive Speed
22348. (a) Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of Section 22351, no person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway with a speed limit established pursuant to Section 22349 or 22356 at a speed greater than that speed limit.

(b) Any person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction punishable, as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5.

(2) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense which occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a conviction of an offense under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 13355.

(3) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense which occurred within five years of two or more prior offenses resulting in convictions of offenses under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 13355.

Amended Ch. 72, Stats. 1987. Effective June 30, 1987. Supersedes Ch. 25.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Defenses You Can Use When You Violate The Speed Limit:

NUMBER 10: Your honor, I was being passed by a guy on a riding lawnmower!

NUMBER 9: The cop referred to you as Mr. Fred Speedstone.

NUMBER 8: Isn't the California maximum speed limit 135 mph?

NUMBER 7: Local cops won't give you speeding ticket if you say you're on a "bad trip".

NUMBER 6: Your punishment will be to drive a pink Miata for 6 months.

NUMBER 5: I was really trying for a high-speed, drug-fueled, car chase.

NUMBER 4: You are hurled from your car after a high-speed collision and your first thought is, "Oh boy, I'm in a nice tight spiral!"

NUMBER 3: On the way to work you get pulled over for speeding and you don't even have your car.

NUMBER 2: Aren't you tired of cops who stop you for speeding and ask, "Where's the fire?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Defense You Can Use When You Violate The Speed Limit:

You misremember "Speed" - - convinced your car will explode if it goes under 100 mph!

IAAL

aquaturtle

In response to my age, I'm 17. I was looking at the 22348(b) penalty and was wondering if that is for minors as well.

The courts tend to be much harder on someone of you age and inexperience to prevent you from killing youself or someone else..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">