• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there any penalty for overstayers they could pay to avoid visa cancellation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

egla

I came to US on a B1 visa and overstayed because of and accident when i was pregnant.
So i gave borth to my son and now thinking about returnin to my country i am concerned about my visa (a multiple entry). As far as i know an overstayer is subject to a ten year bar (he cant enter US for ten years from the date of leaving. I was wandering if there is anything i could do to avoid this. Pls advise. Thanks.

S

SJLin

The rule about the 10 year bar applies to those who overstay their visit for more than 365 days. The bar is usually 3 years for those that overstay 180-364 days. Nevertheless, these time bars can be waived under certain circumstances. Consult your local immigration attorney to find out whether you can seek a waiver under your situation. https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">