• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separate cases: distribution and theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girl14328

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was arraigned with three charges (Distribution of class C [hydrocodone] , possession of class E [clonazepam], and possession of class D [marijuana]).

I was not charged with stealing the prescription drugs, but my work is investigating and are waiting on a statement from me about which drugs I took and how many and how often. I am sending them a letter certified mail that says that I was advised by an employee not to make a statement and that I have not been informed what the charges against me are.

Can my taped interview (confession) with the detective from the first three charges be used as evidence in a different court case, or does there need to be a whole other interview with a witness and all that?

Also, can the drugs they confiscated be used as evidence that I took them from that store?

Loss prevention told me that they suffered a loss and the DEA wants to know how many drugs had been taken and all that. I do NOT want to go to court twice for the same incident, and I don't want to admit the crime to another set of people (I told the detectives but that was my only admission).

I only have a court appointed lawyer and he's not dealing with the case from my job right now.

S

seniorjudge

You have several felonies against you (I am assuming since your whole statement of facts is a tad blurred).

I am not sure what your questions are, but you could, if the government so decided, have a trial for each felony.

girl14328

re: several charges

I have over a month until the trial and since it is my first offense, I am going to try to prove to the court that the acts were out of character and that I have gotten my life back in order.

I REALLY don't want to be a convicted felon (they can't vote!).

Do you think that evidence confiscated from myself can be implied in more than one court case, or can it only be used to prove the charges that the state is bringing on me?

S

seniorjudge

I am not sure what your questions are, but you could, if the government so decided, have a trial for each felony using the evidence it got from you.

Good luck.

"I have over a month until the trial and since it is my first offense, I am going to try to prove to the court that the acts were out of character and that I have gotten my life back in order."

The judge has heard this same story from a whole raft of defendants from the day he started on the job.

Anyway, you didn't ask, but I will tell you: Since you have a month, be at every NA or AA meeting you can make.

There is ONE question a judge can ask you about those meetings that will prove to the judge that you have really gone.

(Hint: Watch the 1988 movie Clean and Sober, Tom Hanks et al., for the answer.)

seniorjudge said:
(Hint: Watch the 1988 movie Clean and Sober, Tom Hanks et al., for the answer.)
Yeah OP, what SeniorJudge said !

Michael Keaton, did the best Tom Hanks impersonation ever done on film.

Just funnin, SeniorJudge. You GOTS to know that. LOL

S

seniorjudge

Florid-aise said:
...Michael Keaton, did the best Tom Hanks impersonation ever done on film....
They are not one and the same person?

I suppose that next you will be telling me that Michael Jackson and Jennifer Anniston are not one and the same person?!

:D

seniorjudge said:
They are not one and the same person?

I suppose that next you will be telling me that Michael Jackson and Jennifer Anniston are not one and the same person?!

:D
SeniorJudge, the reason for the original levity was based upon the common knowledge that Michael Keaton and Tom Hanks were hermetically sealed in a grand ceremony not so long ago. Everybody knows that.

HOWEVER, based on my high level inside contacts with the limited knowledge that Michael Jackson and Jennifer Anniston are the same person, leads me to believe that you and I may have the same inside information..............

Hmmmmmm, something to ponder...?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">