• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hadicap parking ticket...But was not parked in Hadicap space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NaDude

What is the name of your state? CA

Today while stopping at the Bank of America ATM machine, the security guard I think gave me a parking in a handicap ticket. But here the thing...I wasn't. The parking lot has four spaces for the disabled but only three are reserved for the disabled to park in. The fourth space is marked no parking and is painted blue with some what horizontal lines or slash marks. So I wasn't parked in a handicap parking spot but really in a no parking area. Also the security guard seemed to take a picture of my car in the no parking area. So I assume he will present it to some one to issue me a ticket. In Ca is the handicap parking violation really $340. :confused:

CdwJava

NaDude said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Today while stopping at the Bank of America ATM machine, the security guard I think gave me a parking in a handicap ticket. But here the thing...I wasn't. The parking lot has four spaces for the disabled but only three are reserved for the disabled to park in. The fourth space is marked no parking and is painted blue with some what horizontal lines or slash marks. So I wasn't parked in a handicap parking spot but really in a no parking area. Also the security guard seemed to take a picture of my car in the no parking area. So I assume he will present it to some one to issue me a ticket. In Ca is the handicap parking violation really $340. :confused:
And, yes, $340 is about right .. a little lower than the max, I believe, but it sounds about right. Up here it's $250, where I used to work it was $350 four years ago, so $340 is probably about right.

And, it sounds like you were NOT given a ticket yet. But, it's very possible that you will be when/if the guard passes the info on to someone.

Your first clue was the "no parking" sign ... the second clue was the lines and blue paint ... what did you THINK it was for?

If you are REALLY lucky, they won't send you a ticket. Next time, park in a real space ... so you have to walk a few more feet? So what?

- Carl

NaDude

That Sucks...

The security guard will pass on the picture to whom...His superior or the local police. The only thing that the guard did was take a picture of my car, who writes the ticket? Can some one explain the process briefly? :confused:

CdwJava

NaDude said:
The security guard will pass on the picture to whom...His superior or the local police. The only thing that the guard did was take a picture of my car, who writes the ticket? Can some one explain the process briefly? :confused:
Who knows? He may not pass the photo on to anyone. But the ticket can be written by the local parking authority (if there is one), the police, or, a specifically designated handicapped parking enforcement detail.

Chances are, though, that if no citation was written while you were present that you will NOT be cited.

- Carl

NaDude

Slim chance...

Well I learned my lesson for sure...either if I do receive a ticket or not. But my luck I will probably get one. Thanks for the info. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">