• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death lawsuit vioxx and celebrex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayboy

What is the name of your state?tx

my mom passed away from a heart attack and was taking celebrex. i was wondering if it would be worth it to file a lawsuit against the drug company pfizer. my family and i don't think it would be worth it unless the settlement was 500k or above. i mean, to bring up my mothers death all over again is going to be hard. does anyone know what class action suits against major drug companies can pay settlement wise. how much are we looking at. thanks, jason.

rmet4nzkx

I'm sorry for your loss.

The drug was only recently pulled from the market but I'm sure that if you do a search on the internet you can find informaiton and access to consultations re this or you can contact a med-mal attorney to see if your mother's death qualifies. Class action suits may take years.

BlondiePB

Unlike Vioxx, Celebrex has not been pulled from the market, yet. The reports/studies regarding Celebrex were based on a person taking at least 800 mg. per day. The normal, prescribed dosage of Celebrex per day is
100-200 mg. per day. So sorry about your mom. Almost lost my mom to Vioxx.

hollywoodtdb

vioxx

texas

first of all you would have to determine if the drug caused her death

just b/c someone was taking a medication does not mean that is what caused her death

for example the strongest vioxx case occurs when the tragic event (stroke/ death, etc) happens within 30 days after taking the drug. In other words, the decedent has to have at least taken the drug for 30 days

thomas
www.esue.com

BlondiePB

hollywoodtdb said:
texas

first of all you would have to determine if the drug caused her death

just b/c someone was taking a medication does not mean that is what caused her death

for example the strongest vioxx case occurs when the tragic event (stroke/ death, etc) happens within 30 days after taking the drug. In other words, the decedent has to have at least taken the drug for 30 days

thomas
www.esue.com
hollywoodtdb, why are you bringing up old threads? These posters are LONG GONE!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">