• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Always wondered this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cameratype24

What is the name of your state? GA

Always wondered this...

Lets say you are in a life and death situation, and you must get a dying person to a hospital as fast as you can. They are in your car, and you do not have time to pull over and call an ambulance, so, knowing this, you speed to the nearest hospital. Well, a police officer catches you speeding and tires to pull you over. What are you supposed to do? Take the dying person to the hospital or pull over?

This isn't really a random question, because once my grandfather had a heart attack in my car and I had to rush him to the hospital.

JETX

cameratype24 said:
What are you supposed to do? Take the dying person to the hospital or pull over?
Suggestion: Call an ambulance. They can get to the 'dying person' and start treatment faster than you can load and drive to the hospital.

HomeGuru

cameratype24 said:
What is the name of your state? GA

Always wondered this...

Well, a police officer catches you speeding and tires to pull you over. What are you supposed to do?

**A: was the officer rubber tires?

Bravo8

Pull over. Explain to the officer the situation, and the officer will probably call an ambulance for you.

The ambulance can get to the hospital faster and safer than you in your personal vehicle, and they can treat your passenger while en route.

JETX

One more thought on this.... when I was MUCH younger, I was at a girlfriends house when I had a serious injury (required 103 stitches in my arm, put it through a window!!). Her father, who happened to be the Chief of Detectives for the local police department was home at the time, called the department and told them he was 'running hot' from his address to the closest hospital. We actually had police cars stopping traffic and clearing intersections for us while he drove in his personal car.
There are often alternatives to just 'load and go' in a private vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">