• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

has the statue of limitations really run out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinarbobber

What is the name of your state? from ga... we were sueing a county for taking our vehicle and guns during an illegal raid of our home . they were out of jurisdiction and had no search warrant. they took our vehicle and 16 firarms so we hired a lawyer out of anotherr county to sue to get our compensation for this . this happen in 1999 we filed in 2002 and we never heard anything from the lawyer till about 5 months ago and he was telling us that the statue of limitations ran out in 2 years. he signed a contract for 40% of our return. is this true about the sol or did he default in contract we tried several times to contact him and he had his secretary tell us he was working on it. what is your thought on this matter should i persue some kind of lawyer malpractice or what

S

seniorjudge

Why did you wait three years before you filed on this?

tinarbobber

didn't wait three years

georgia, it was two years when he quoted that the statue had run out but why did he take on the case if it had already run out. he never did any paperwork nor any investagation but he did send us a contract. taking our case but it was recently he told us that it was out but everytime we would call about any news on it his secretary would shun us off then the law got it in for us because we had a suit against this county now they have raided our place two more times and each time charged us with something the second time they came in they didnt find anything but came up with a roach of marijuana and a line of meth and charged us with possession then 5 years to the date they came again we had heard that they was gonna get us one way or another even if they had to plant it on us so when they came in . they brought marijuana meth and charged us with theif by recieving and i still don;t know what those charges applied too but they had to bring it with them i found out they were there and i went down there to see why they were there because i knew there was no drugs there but they brought some with them and charged us all , me , my son and husband and my husband wasn't even there he was in jail at the time in another county. but took out warrants on him so when he gets out there he is being transferred to this county to face charges on something he had no knowledge of. then the lawyer dropped our case. saying it was past it sol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">