• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vanlor

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Is a speeding ticket valid without the signature of the policeman that stopped you? I was not speeding, when I passed the policeman she was on her cell phone talking after I passed her she stopped me and said I was speeding, I looked at the radar which I was told that I was clocked @ 56 in a 40, but on my ticket it was not marked that it was on the radar. What are the radar calibration laws in LA?

Any information would be appreciated

S

seniorjudge

Here's the final answer to SPEEDING TICKETS

If you exceed the speed limit, then you are guilty of exceeding the speed limit, even if (insert your explanation here).

vanlor

seniorjudge said:
If you exceed the speed limit, then you are guilty of exceeding the speed limit, even if (insert your explanation here).
I didn't speed that's the point. And you didn't answer my question.

CdwJava

vanlor said:
Is a speeding ticket valid without the signature of the policeman that stopped you?
In most cases, yes. I'm sure it has his name or ID number on it somewhere. And if not, well, then the court won't know who to subpoena so just show up when you are required to and smile.

I was not speeding, when I passed the policeman she was on her cell phone talking after I passed her she stopped me and said I was speeding, I looked at the radar which I was told that I was clocked @ 56 in a 40, but on my ticket it was not marked that it was on the radar. What are the radar calibration laws in LA?
It could be that she estimated your speed. This is valid in most states.

As for radar calibration "laws" in LA, I do not know. Depending on the manufacturer, they might vary. In general, radars must be maintained at least once per year by the manufacturer or authorized service provider. Additionally, prior to shift, an officer may have to calibrate the device using a tuning fork or other device designed specifically for that purpose. More than likely you can seek this information through a proper motion for discovery.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">