• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kansas ticket, can it be dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghost11011

Kansas ticket, i never signed it! can it be dismissed?

I was traveling through KANSAS on christmas, awe how sweet.. and whatdaya know i pass HIGHWAY PATROL going the opposite way. BTW i'm from OKLAHOMA He flips on the lights, does a U turn and stops me. He came to the car said i was 19mph over and took my LICENSE but didn't even ask about insurance. He came back with the carbon copy of my citation and instructs me to pay the fine by the court date. Then as he drives away, i notice i NEVER signed ANY COPY OF THE CITATION!
Could i get this ticket dismissed because there is no real proof i recieved it or signed to the conditions?

Last edited:

CdwJava

Ghost11011 said:
I was traveling through KANSAS on christmas, awe how sweet.. and whatdaya know i pass HIGHWAY PATROL going the opposite way. BTW i'm from OKLAHOMA He flips on the lights, does a U turn and stops me. He came to the car said i was 19mph over and took my LICENSE but didn't even ask about insurance. He came back with the carbon copy of my citation and instructs me to pay the fine by the court date. Then as he drives away, i notice i NEVER signed ANY COPY OF THE CITATION!
Could i get this ticket dismissed because there is no real proof i recieved it or signed to the conditions?
The citation is generally only an instrument notifying you of the offense. Many states do not require your signature for the citation to be valid. Even in CA the signature is only to acknowledge receipt of the citation.

I suppose you could always go to court and argue that you were never anywhere near that spot on the date and time in question ... but it would be kinda hard to explain how the officer pulled your name and license plate out of thin air.

Try another angle. If that's your only defense, consider paying the citation or taking traffic school if it's an option.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">