• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on bringing a nanny from S.A.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wilson

I want to bring my sister-in-laws cousing from South America to work as a nanny taking care of my newborn. What type of visa should she apply for? or can anyone suggest the best procedure for bringing her to the U.S. to work for me? I am willing to pay
for ALL of her expenses.

Thanks, Wilson.

S

SJLin

An H category visa would probably be required to work in the U.S. temporarily as a nanny. However, an employer would need to get temporary labor certification (i.e., show that no U.S. workers capable of performing such service are available in the U.S., etc.) You could also consider the J category (exchange visitor/au pair program) visa if your sister in law's cousin fits a certain age. This is something you should consult with an immigration attorney. You can find one at https://attorneypages.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wilson:
I want to bring my sister-in-laws cousing from South America to work as a nanny taking care of my newborn. What type of visa should she apply for? or can anyone suggest the best procedure for bringing her to the U.S. to work for me? I am willing to pay
for ALL of her expenses.

Thanks, Wilson.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
This transmission should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship between you and me. You are advised not to take or refrain from taking any action based upon this transmission without consulting professional legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">