• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed at Register....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessica_Texas

What is the name of your state? Texas

On Oct. 10, 2004, appx 2 months after being hired at wal mart, a man approached me and asked to changed out his small bills to bigger ones, having not been trained what he was doing and not to give change, i obliged not wanted to upset him or the line od 10 or so customers behind him. It was 15 minutes before I was supposed to get off, and I had asked for that day off, ironically....my supervisor just never got back to me after repeated enquiries. After my shift, I counted down my till and was $400 short. I had been scammed. I recounted 5 or six times. I immediatly went to my supervisor and told him what had happened. He said he would watch the tape and that I would most likely get a written coaching. The next about an hour before the end of my shift, I was called in to his office and fired. I was fired for misappropriation of company assets in the amount of $650. This is a no-rehire termination. About a week later I went into appeal the descion to fire me with the store manager, my supervisor would not let me speak without interrupting him. And it was denied. I did not steal the money, I was not short $650, and I was not trained on short-change artists. Can I appeal to someone other than the company to have my reason for termination overturned, and be eligible for re hire. And if so how do I go about it. I really want a need my job back.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. The company may not have handled things in the best possible way, but they violated no laws. They were legally within their rights to term you, whether it is fair or not, and you have no guaranteed right to be eligible for rehire. That, too, is entirely within the company's perogative.

At best you can file for unemployment. Whether the company will contest is unknown, but if they do contest you will be able to present your side of the story to the adjudicator.

JonesCD

Reply to firing from Walmart

Walmart is a shady place anyways..they fired me for the same reason and when I appealed it, they told me that was not the reason they fired me...then what was the reason...they never said another word...I told them all off and walked out...been happy since then. My advise..move on..they pay nothing anyway.

BelizeBreeze

JonesCD said:
Walmart is a shady place anyways..they fired me for the same reason and when I appealed it, they told me that was not the reason they fired me...then what was the reason...they never said another word...I told them all off and walked out...been happy since then. My advise..move on..they pay nothing anyway.
real intelligent answer. Now, go steal from someone else. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">