• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting green card through marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valG

I am an american citizen.If i marry a person from another country in the UnitedStaes.how long will it be before my Wife would recieve her green Card?

C

calibur

At the time the INS approves
your green card application (right now it takes about 13-14 months from the
time the case is filed until the INS interviews and approves the
application) then when the INS approves your green card, it will be for an
indefinite period. If you are married less than 2 yrs. at the time the INS
approves your application , then your green card will be valid for
only two years and will have to be extended based on a second application
showing that you are still living together as husband and wife.

M

maxine

noone still never answered my ?? on US citz.
marrying a person that's an illegal so may Help somebody, Also in ref: to the answer you posted to marry for green card, it was said the wait is more than 12mths.
Pleas Explain!! how can one support self and family and start working or enrolling in programs directly after a marriage is performed. There must be someway income can be made and get an ID by the immigrant spouse while waiting for the INS to process the documents. How stressful can this be, please respond positive and negative info.
THANKS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">