• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grn Card thru Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Enixam

After the a wedding, how can the immigrant spouse start immediately supporting one self thru jobs, training programs, receive medical benefits, school etc, if the wait for a green card is extremely long.
Explain anyone. What can a green card applicant do and not do directly after marriage to a US citizen. Please be detail
Help with any info, than you

S

SJLin

An applicant who is inside the U.S. and has filed a Form I-485 (Application for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident) is eligible to apply for a work permit through Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) while his/her case is pending. To obtain the currrent status of an application, call or write to the INS Service Center/Field Office where the application was filed. For an immigration attorney, go to https://attorneypages.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enixam:
After the a wedding, how can the immigrant spouse start immediately supporting one self thru jobs, training programs, receive medical benefits, school etc, if the wait for a green card is extremely long.
Explain anyone. What can a green card applicant do and not do directly after marriage to a US citizen. Please be detail
Help with any info, than you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
This transmission should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship between you and me. You are advised not to take or refrain from taking any action based upon this transmission without consulting professional legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">