• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharge ungrading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?IOWA

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the process of upgradeing a discharge--

I was discharged from active duty two years ago for failing two consecutive PT tests( first time failed the situps by 5- second time failed the run by 7 seconds) for some reason i was given a general under honorable conditions discharge- when i went to see JAG just before i finished my chapter- I got refered up to a LTC she told me that i should fight it- because they had no reason to not give me anything but an honorable( Never was in trouble, no article 15's or anything) but i decided to just except it and get on with life. ( The reason that the 1sgt recommended me for a general was because i got a tattoo on my neck while i was in- but it was with in regs- nothing bad- and he was pissed about it- and tried to chapter me for it, but when i talked to the SCO he didnt find anything wrong or against regulations and stopped the chapter- the 1sgt then told me to get it removed- but i refused.. he couldnt really do anything about it and his lack of controll really pissed him off-- so he got me for the PT- who knows if i actually missed it by 7 seconds.. and i just excepted it to get away from that guy)

SO what are my chances of getting this discharge upgraded- I joined the National Guard like 4 months ago when i am done with my contract will my provious discharge be upgraded---Or am i going to have to get ahold of my congressman or submit papers to some sort of a board

( another guy from my troop got discharged for failing his situps like five times and he got an honorable--the army really needs to check up on some of these people that are put in charge)

badapple40

chrisdizz22 said:
What is the name of your state?IOWA

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the process of upgradeing a discharge--

I was discharged from active duty two years ago for failing two consecutive PT tests( first time failed the situps by 5- second time failed the run by 7 seconds) for some reason i was given a general under honorable conditions discharge- when i went to see JAG just before i finished my chapter- I got refered up to a LTC she told me that i should fight it- because they had no reason to not give me anything but an honorable( Never was in trouble, no article 15's or anything) but i decided to just except it and get on with life. ( The reason that the 1sgt recommended me for a general was because i got a tattoo on my neck while i was in- but it was with in regs- nothing bad- and he was pissed about it- and tried to chapter me for it, but when i talked to the SCO he didnt find anything wrong or against regulations and stopped the chapter- the 1sgt then told me to get it removed- but i refused.. he couldnt really do anything about it and his lack of controll really pissed him off-- so he got me for the PT- who knows if i actually missed it by 7 seconds.. and i just excepted it to get away from that guy)

SO what are my chances of getting this discharge upgraded- I joined the National Guard like 4 months ago when i am done with my contract will my provious discharge be upgraded---Or am i going to have to get ahold of my congressman or submit papers to some sort of a board

( another guy from my troop got discharged for failing his situps like five times and he got an honorable--the army really needs to check up on some of these people that are put in charge)
This needs to be submitted to the Army Discharge Review Board, which involves paperwork. http://arba.army.pentagon.mil/adrb.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">