• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corallus2000

What is the name of your state? florida

i recently recieved a permanent impairment rating of 7% for an ankle injury that occured two years ago. i also have a 4% rating in the other ankle from five years ago. i was wondering if this is enough of an impairment to collect disability. i am 30 years old and only completed the seventh grade. right now i am delivering pizza and i work about 25 hours a week. the pain is unbearable and i need to stop working thanks

rmet4nzkx

Have you contacted your state department of rehab? Have you considered job retraining, maybe getting your GED?

corallus2000

already have ged. problem with traing is i have to keep adjusting positions. cannot sit or stand for more than 35 minutes at a time.ankle keeps locking up or craacking and grinding when i move it or walk on it

rmet4nzkx

If you have a GED then you say you have a GED you don't only claim to have a 7th grade education, you don't get brownie points for being uneducated.

Please call the department of rehab, because they can assist you in finding appropriate training and accessing benefits. Also if you require fequent movement to accommodate your disaiblity, then you request ADA accommodations, that is why you want to check out the department of rehab, because that is what they are there to do.

My son has a similar disability and he is successfully employed fulltime so it is possible.

corallus2000 said:
i am sorry for misleading you. most employers do not consider a ged as formal education
In NY, a GED is considered formal education for almost anything. It gets you into college and gets you a better job. Maybe not as good a job if you had a regular diploma but it's better than nothing.

As far as having an impairment of 4% and 7%, are you kidding. I have a 65% to 70% impairment rating in my hands and fybromyalgia, cubital tunnel syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, scattered arthritis, OCD, depression and sleep disorders, on all kinds of meds for pain and sleep and going to physical therapy and need another, 4th, surgery and I have been denied SSD. If you can get aproved for disability let me know how you did it. I'm 38 and feel like i'm 60 on the bad side. I would pay to be 30 again before all this happened to me, my life has been taken from me and all that I worked so hard to get. My children now have to go without and learn the hard way about life.
Go see another doctor that will help you, go to physical therapy and work with them to get yourself better. Live life, enjoy all that you can have if you work hard for it. Good things come to those who help themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">