• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession/Coke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bob25

What is the name of your state? georgia

Got caught with possession and did not get arrested due to admitting
and gave up info. Now they want me to be apart of a sting operation.
Do not feel safe doing this. What do I do? Also set for court date and
wanting to know what the fine/charges will be for 1st offense..........
.........................................................Thanks

JETX

bob25 said:
What do I do?
That is an ethical and moral issue, not legal. Your options are to accept the full responsibility of the charges you face, or minimize them by providing assistance to the police. Your choice.

Also set for court date and wanting to know what the fine/charges will be for 1st offense.
Ask your attorney. You do have one, don't you???

rmet4nzkx

bob25 said:
What is the name of your state? georgia

Got caught with possession and did not get arrested due to admitting
and gave up info. Now they want me to be apart of a sting operation.
Do not feel safe doing this. What do I do? Also set for court date and
wanting to know what the fine/charges will be for 1st offense..........
.........................................................Thanks
Being part of a sting operation would sure put a cramp in your supply.
What does your criminal defense attorney say about this opportunity?

bob25

rmet4nzkx said:
Being part of a sting operation would sure put a cramp in your supply.
What does your criminal defense attorney say about this opportunity?
Tells me I have a choice to make. Either go to jail and face charges
or assist to minimize charges. My fear is someone coming after me or
my family if apart of a sting

calatty

Only you can decide which way to go. You have to weigh the risk against how badly you don't want to go to jail. You can always move out of town afterwards.

zwara

Friend your between a rock (no pun intended) and a very hard place...take the rap and settle for a little prison comfort or give up the ghost and risk no comfort knowing someone will have a very dislike for you and most likely wont be someone with a forgiving nature....Mexico may be something to entertain depending on who posted your bond...no matter what you do you lose..good luck....

HomeGuru said:
Or move to Mexico before the court date.
Guru-ski? I am astonished. 'Move to Mexico'. ---- From You!

bob25 - You are faced with a series of decisions, all of them yours only to make. It is good that you have an attorney. It is good that he tells you that the charges will be minimalized if cooperation with the authorities is given.

You alone, will most likely know the demeanor of those you are being asked to "give up". Give them up as it pertains to your decision, or not. Each of the posts made to you here (as well as your post reflecting your attorney's version) is to ----- make a decision.

This is where it gets tough for you...........make one, commit to it and live with it.

Last edited:
The choice is yours, but if it was me, I'd do the time like a man and be done with it. You made the decision to do what you did, if you want to bring other people along for the ride I guess that's your choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">