• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

us citizenship of a spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greglag

My wife is a green card holder & residing in Chicago, Ill. Last July, 1999 she filed an application for US citizenship with the INS. However, up to now, she has not received any info. on her date of appointment for an interview. How much longer will she become a US citizen. In my case, I have a pending F2A petition w/ a priority date of 5/14/96. How much longer before my petition is approved? Will her becoming a US citizen speed up my chances of following her in the US? - Upon acquiring her US citizenship, how long before I will be given a visa by the INS? Thank you for taking this time in answering my querries. Our situation has gone desperate that we very much long for each other's warmth and embrace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">