• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents both need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

number1daughter

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My parents are both in bad shape. My father is almost completely deaf, but he's always worked. He had heart surgery last year (triple bypass). He just keeps working though. He is 63 and gets a small SS check in addition to working. Almost all of what he makes from his job goes to pay for my mother's health insurance. She works, but she shouldn't be working. She has horrible back problems. She sometimes needs help just getting out of bed. She has a degenerative disease of some sort. She said that she has applied for disability but was rejected because my dad makes too much, even though whatever he makes goes to pay for her health insurance. It seems like a vicious circle. She has to have medical insurance because of her many prescriptions. Now they're on the verge of losing their house. Any advice would be helpful.

BL

Did they ever appeal the denial from SSA ?

If not do they still have time to Appeal ?

If it's too late to appeal, call an SSI disability attorney , to see if your parents can get in for a free consult.

If the SSI attorney thinks one or both have a good cause for disability , they take about 1/3 rd of any moneys they get in a lump sum retroactive payment from when the became eligible from the filing date .

If the SSI attorney doesn't win , they will charge nothing.

They really need an attorney , or Dr's. that are willing to state they can not work at any gainful employment jobs .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">