• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage in the USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valG

My Fiancee is coming here on a legal Tourist Visa. Though we had planned to Wed in her native country and have sent out invitations ectra.I want to suprise her and ask her to have the ceremony performed here.In saying all of this .I want to know if ; I just have to file for a Perminate resident or
a change of status for My bride to be to Live here? I would appreciate a speedy reply from a knowledgeable professional.
Thanks.

E

Enixam

Great question but responses are so slow and some never get answered with the help needed. Do us a favor and post your?? at the site (Xpertsite.com) under immigration law
and I will be looking for a response with you and state if your fiance came to the US illegally when you married her in the US and What kind of status are you, US born or legal immigrant or Temp resident?????,
write all of this in your question.
You will get a response soon, let me know what happens.
Good Luck

E

Enixam

Sorry, that reply want for a nother post, but clicked the wrong title, but maybe this site can help you too.
good luck and let me know

V

valG

I did not add the State.We are getting married in California.As i stated before
I am an US born Citizen.

V

vergie

Bring your fiancee here as a tourist visa. Get married as soon as she gets here. Then go to the immigration and apply for a change of status from tourist to immigrant. That's all there is to it. Good luck in getting the tourist visa. What country is she from?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">