• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corallus2000

What is the name of your state? florida
i have a question about how much to expect to recieve in a personal injury case. i fell in a water meter hole while playing catch with a friend. i sprained my ankle and there was internal bleeding that the docs missed. it has been two years since the accident and i just recieved my final impairment rating.
7% permanent disability and the medical bills are around $27,000. estimated future medical bills for five years is $20,000 and future lost wages are $358,000.
i am just wondering as to what a fair settlement would be thanks for any advice

JETX

corallus2000 said:
i have a question about how much to expect to recieve in a personal injury case. i fell in a water meter hole while playing catch with a friend. i sprained my ankle and there was internal bleeding that the docs missed. it has been two years since the accident and i just recieved my final impairment rating.
7% permanent disability and the medical bills are around $27,000. estimated future medical bills for five years is $20,000 and future lost wages are $358,000.
I would look for somewhere between $1.49 and $20 Gazillion sounds reasonable.

corallus2000

response to jetx

i do enjoy the humor but i was looking for a little more acurate answer. since this a permanent and extremly painfull injury i need to try and plan for my future

JETX

corallus2000 said:
i do enjoy the humor but i was looking for a little more acurate answer. since this a permanent and extremly painfull injury i need to try and plan for my future
Okay, now that we have ALL the facts and have had an opportunity to review your medical reports, depose your physicians (about future 'damages), discuss this matter with our internal actuaries, reviewed your work history and potential earnings, we have been able to fine-tune our evaluation to 'between $11.67 and $1.543 Gazillion.

Bottom line... NO ONE here can GUESS what a 'fair settlement' might be to you.... just as we can't GUESS what a 'fair settlement' might be to the other party.
I can tell you this... you will NOT get more than the other parties insurance limit.

You Are Guilty

Do I even want to know how a sprained ankle "resulted" in over three hundred fifty thousand in lost earnings? Are you an ankle model?

JETX

You Are Guilty said:
Do I even want to know how a sprained ankle "resulted" in over three hundred fifty thousand in lost earnings? Are you an ankle model?
Yeah, I kind of wondered about that also.... but assumed that the writer must be a world-class pole vaulter with huge losses from not getting a chance to be on the Wheaties box.
And the post isn't clear as to the damages being from the open 'water meter hole' or the 'internal bleeding that the docs missed' (malpractice).
Finally, I would love to review the 'impairment report'. Bet I could punch a BUNCH of holes in that!! :D

HomeGuru

corallus2000 said:
**A: and whose property were you on during the playing of catch, did you get verbal or written permission to be on the property, did you inspect the property prior to use to determine if there were any hazards, did you file a claim against the property owner's insurance?????

You Are Guilty

JETX said:
Yeah, I kind of wondered about that also.... but assumed that the writer must be a world-class pole vaulter with huge losses from not getting a chance to be on the Wheaties box.
And the post isn't clear as to the damages being from the open 'water meter hole' or the 'internal bleeding that the docs missed' (malpractice).
Finally, I would love to review the 'impairment report'. Bet I could punch a BUNCH of holes in that!! :D
Can you blame him? I'm sure he has some shyster PI plaintiff's lawyer who saw an "easy one" against a utility co and is now blowing enough smoke up the OPs ass about his "damages" to give the entire state lung cancer. You of all people know that most plaintiffs have very unrealistic expectations about what their injuries are worth. Mr. Supermodel Ankle here is no different.

corallus2000

ankle injury

the damages are from the fall. the internal bleeding caused scar tissue to form that had to be surgically removed. the damages and future income loss is from the doctors final evaluation. tha actual amount is calculated by what i was earning at the time of the injury and what i am earning now. that is estimated to be 358,000 up to age 65. i found the surgeon on my own, it is not the lawyers doctor. this was the cities property and the city is responsible for the upkeep of the meters. i am not looking to get rich. i tried to settle this without a lawyer but was basically blown off. i am just worried about taking care of my wife and myself. i am not very well educated so most of the jobs i have had are physical labor. i can not do this type of work anymore. at the moment i am delivering pizza and it is hard to stand all day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">