• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trampoline Liability Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

sister and brother-in-law got my 2 nephews a great Christmas gift – a trampoline :D which has been set up in the back yard. As you can imagine, other neighborhood children want to get on it and play.

My brother in law had one parent give written permission for her sons to participate and the waiver states that parent will not hold sister and BIL responsible (for injury, etc.). Is this good enough to protect from liability?

The equipment came with a manual and tags on it regarding things like maximum number of participants, safety precautions. An adult usually is watching/monitoring trampoline sessions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

S

seniorjudge

"Any feedback is appreciated."

Sell the trampoline and buy video games.

Happy Trails

justvisiting said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

sister and brother-in-law got my 2 nephews a great Christmas gift – a trampoline :D which has been set up in the back yard. As you can imagine, other neighborhood children want to get on it and play.

My brother in law had one parent give written permission for her sons to participate and the waiver states that parent will not hold sister and BIL responsible (for injury, etc.). Is this good enough to protect from liability?

The equipment came with a manual and tags on it regarding things like maximum number of participants, safety precautions. An adult usually is watching/monitoring trampoline sessions.

Any feedback is appreciated.
My family also has a trampoline and fortunately nothing bad has ever happened. (except when I jump on it I notice my bladder isn't as strong as it used to be)

You can not keep an eye on it all the time. We had neighbor kids that used to come over to our house like we were the public park. Ground rules obviously had to be made and of course strict supervision to make sure they were being followed.

Remember in school when we got to jump on the trampoline, there were spotters around the perimeter. This was in order to push the bouncer back to the middle if they did get to close to the edge.

There is always a risk involved. Contact your homeowners insurance and see what if anything you can do to protect yourself.

Some insurance company's will not cover a trampoline accident if they are unaware you have a trampoline.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">