• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cats Nuisance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PurpleOne

TEXASWhat is the name of your state?

Condo neighbor’s cats have:

-scratched roof (fabric) of my convertible
-deficated on my roof
-left massive amount of hair that sticks in fabric and doesn't come off driving 70 mph

I have gone before the board with photos and a written presentation. They agreed to fill in a dirt area next to my car with rocks and said they would speak to the 80+ yr. old lady (owns the 3 cats causing damage). They - the Assoc. Pres. - said he had damage to 5 cars over the years by animals, only because that was how many he had owned. That is not acceptable to me. They suggested that I cover my car, but that won't guarantee the cats won't lay on it and indent the convertible roof even more than they already have. Also, the neighbor has 3 cats that I can count. The typed rules I have say no more than 2 of any pet. They argued with me at the board meeting that 3 were acceptable. We also have leash laws in San Antonio that they say they will not enforce on our property.

Sorry so long, but - I got an alarm about 3 mos. ago. I don't like them and of course, the sensor I got goes off when a cat, or person, approaches my car. Now they are threatening me about my alarm. I left the other day and it went off continually. They have informed me this is a disturbing the peace violation.

How can I protect my vehicle against damage from someone else's pets that they will not go outside with or watch? Don’t I have the right to alarm my car to protect it from damage that is de-valuing it?

Thank you very much for your assistance. Let me know if you want a copy of the presentation I gave the board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">