• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN-1 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marin

I live in Toronto, Canada and have a B.S. in Accounting. For the last three years I have been working as IT personnel in a company in Toronto. I am planning to take the MCSE certification, too. I want to find a job in USA as IT personnel and what concerns me is that there is a discrepancy between my major and the supposed job description-"Systems Analyst" or "NT Administrator"... and I will not be able to get a TN-1 visa (or even H-1B).

Do you think this situation will make it impossible to obtain a visa?

A

Advisor3

I believe that it will be difficult and thart they will give you a hard time about your qualifications not matching the job description. You may want to talk to the employer ato seee if they can adapt the job title to conform to your particualr qualifications. If not it is not a bar to an H1-B1 but you may consider getting a lawyer, if you don't already have one, go to www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">