• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not funny, $476 parking tickets? how can I pay for it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firepig

California. Hi every one. I am new here and I am in serious trouble. I just got my DMV registration renewal yesterday. It shows me that I got a $476 parking tickets from my college at davis. oh, my god. I am full financial aid student and I can baraely survive with the financial aid i got. How can I pay for it? I heard one of my friends did get himself into the court tell the judge he has no money at all. the judge removed his tickets but my friend could not drive for half of year. I think this is fine with me as long as i don't need to pay. I got no money. I e-mailed to the gov. they don't care about me at all. Do any one have any ideas how to not pay for it. I am fine if they take my license for half of year?

I just moved away from Davis.

I don't understand how you got tickets at Davis.

You are talking about parking on the UC Campus, correct? Do you have a proper permit for parking on campus, or were you parking in the free (Green curb painted) or metered spots? Or were you in the wrong and parking in a permit-only zone with no permit? (Your financial aid should cover your permit along with your books and other fees)

If you have your campus parking permit, and these tickets are issued for parking without one for the time period when you had the permit, you can bring your permit in as proof and have the tickets taken off. We went through this ourselves being improperly ticketed when the new permit colors were issued.

Do you already have a court date in Davis? You may or may not be able to discuss it with the Judge. My boyfriend is the one that specifically dealt with this and he isn't home at the moment. If nobody who is qualified to answer (and there are many helpful, informed people here) answers, I'll post again when he gets home.

In the future, you should be sure to include the cost of your campus parking permit when figuring out your financial needs for your aid packages. They will include it in your financial aid packages. UC Davis parking permits are ungodly expensive. Mine in Irvine is $50. Big change.

firepig

thank u very much, FroggerGirl

thank u very much, FroggerGirl. I don't have a court date and how can I bring this matter to court. I really want to discuss my saturation in the court. For my side, I think it is my faults parked in wrong spots. However, I got my own situration. I am working in the lab in "bainer hall". I sub-culture bacteria in that lab. I have to check them whenever there is a emergency. So, I can't have a regular schedule and I need to go whenever I need to go. that sucks. And I don't have money to buy permits, at least for last quarter. I will consider getting one next quarter thou. But hey, wow, you permit is only $50 that is awesome. Anyways, thx a lot for your help. I just hope you can give me some ideas about how to bring this matter to court so that I can discuss my saturation with the judge. I can do some community service and cover it. That is fine with me but i just dont have money now!

CdwJava

There should be a number on the citation to contact the appropriate agency that issued the citation. Parking enforcement for the City of Davis and for UC Davis have their own appeals process. You will have to contact the agency that issued the original citation that was apparently never paid to determine what to do next.

Parking cites are generally not court issues, FYI. They are handled within the agency or jurisdiction that wrote them.

- Carl

C

CheeseBlotto

Is this one ticket or a whole bunch of tickets that add up to $476?

firepig

whole bunch of them

I actually paid for some them earlier but I did not noticed. I have proof of those I paid. I have all the copies of checks I sent out. If they made mistake like this. How can I make no mistakes, right? or how can you make no mistakes, right?

ScarlettSkye

This guy is something else

He didn't mention here that he is planning on dropping nearly $20,000 on a NEW CAR!

Pay the fine and stop whining.

AHA

ScarlettSkye said:
He didn't mention here that he is planning on dropping nearly $20,000 on a NEW CAR!

Pay the fine and stop whining.
How do you know that?

why would anyone pay $20,000 for a car?!!!! What a waste!!

CdwJava

AHA said:
why would anyone pay $20,000 for a car?!!!! What a waste!!
Know of any good, solid, reliable family size vans for less than that? I found a deal on a year old one for $20,200 and thought myself very lucky. My old Saturn cost me $18,000 in '95 ... $20,000 really is not that much for a decent car these days.

Not that I wouldn't mind it being less. But if I want to carry my whole family, I need something that seats at least 5 of us AND our stuff.

I have no idea whether the OP paid $20,000 for their car or not ... but he/she certainly needs to pay those tickets before they get bigger.

- Carl

AHA

CdwJava said:
Know of any good, solid, reliable family size vans for less than that? I found a deal on a year old one for $20,200 and thought myself very lucky. My old Saturn cost me $18,000 in '95 ... $20,000 really is not that much for a decent car these days.

Not that I wouldn't mind it being less. But if I want to carry my whole family, I need something that seats at least 5 of us AND our stuff.

I have no idea whether the OP paid $20,000 for their car or not ... but he/she certainly needs to pay those tickets before they get bigger.

- Carl
I meant for a college kid, I don't see why he would need a big van.
But it's not the issue, so it doesn't matter :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">