• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proxy order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janisfan2004

What is the name of your state?GA
My ex-husband did not exercise his visitation rights for nearly a year. Now his parents have a "proxy order" from the courts to allow them to pick up my daughter for my ex-husband. However, when I went to the courthouse today to get a copy of this order, the courts did not have a record of any order being filed. When the grandparents showed up with this "order" they came with the police for a domestic stanby (to make sure there were no problems for them to pick up my daughter). I also went to the police department to see if they had an incident report filed for when they had come with them, butof course they did not. I have asked them repeatedly for a copy of this "order" but they conviently forget to bring it with them. I am now growing concerned that this order was forged (my ex's father is a notary) and therfore invalid. My question is what do I do now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">