• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed Court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

z9702

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I recieved a speeding ticket a few months ago and decided rather than paying it to appear in court and see if I could get it reduced. The date on the Ticket was for Dec 23rd... I marked in my calendar carelessly that it was on the 26th and did not realize my error until the 26th when I looked at the actual ticket again. This was an honest mistake although I realize not a good excuse...

What should I do now? Is it possible to reschedule after missing a court date? Am I now going to face criminal charges for not showing?

Z

S

seniorjudge

Try to get this rescheduled as soon as possible.

Missing a court date is frowned upon and any excuse you give is one the judge has heard thousands of times before.

There may be a warrant for your arrest out now so you need to take care of this as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">