• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

habitual offender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bj2volley

What is the name of your state?florida

I have been to court for driving on a suspended liscence before, and i fixed all of my liscence I got a brand new one and thought all was good. That was about 7 months ago. I got in an accident the other day and the cop asked if my liscence is valid ofcourse it is i responded. After further inverstigation, he came back and said that my liscence is revoked for 5 years. None of this was to my knowledge, until now after investigating it. My record shows that when i fixed my liscence back in May they (the state) decided to revoke my liscence anyways off of charges from a year before that. (one of the infractions that i fixed) Everyone is now telling me that i am going to have to serve jail time. Is this so? Could that actually be possible? I mean i had no clue it was revoked none at all. If so how much jail time will I be serving?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bj2volley said:
What is the name of your state?florida

I have been to court for driving on a suspended liscence before, and i fixed all of my liscence I got a brand new one and thought all was good. That was about 7 months ago. I got in an accident the other day and the cop asked if my liscence is valid ofcourse it is i responded. After further inverstigation, he came back and said that my liscence is revoked for 5 years. None of this was to my knowledge, until now after investigating it. My record shows that when i fixed my liscence back in May they (the state) decided to revoke my liscence anyways off of charges from a year before that. (one of the infractions that i fixed) Everyone is now telling me that i am going to have to serve jail time. Is this so? Could that actually be possible? I mean i had no clue it was revoked none at all. If so how much jail time will I be serving?

My response:

You got a "brand new" license? Wow!

What brand is it?

Anyway, you received a notice in the mail about your suspension. Either you're lying here about it, or you never bothered to open the letter. Suffice it to say, you were on Notice, and that's just the way the court will deal with your situation.

You'll be bunking with Big Bubba.

IAAL

bj2volley

no i never did receive notice about it. All i can think of was that I wasnt really living in one area for any given amount of time. (friends couches, spare rooms, hotels, etc.) That maybe during this time it may have gotten sent some where without my knowledge, no one of whose addresses i used ever told me that i received anything. So jail time is in the future for me? You know about how long?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bj2volley said:
no i never did receive notice about it. All i can think of was that I wasnt really living in one area for any given amount of time. (friends couches, spare rooms, hotels, etc.) That maybe during this time it may have gotten sent some where without my knowledge, no one of whose addresses i used ever told me that i received anything.

MY RESPONSE: All irrelevant. You had an address on the license. That's where Notice was sent. Once it was placed in the mail by the DMV, you were placed on presumptive Notice.

So jail time is in the future for me? You know about how long?

MY RESPONSE: Yup. Figure anywhere from 10 to 30 days, depending on your prior record and the judge's mood.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">