• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re-apply for the greencard?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My sister - Maggie was the Perminent Resident of US over 10 years ago, but while she came back to US with her Chinese Passport, her ex-husband made a mistake by applying the visitor's visa on the passport, therefore, her greencard was taken away by the immingration officer in NY while she was landed in US over 10 years agao, and she was sent back to Taiwan. During the past, she did not file any petition, she just stayed in Taiwan, but now, my mom missed her terribly, and my mom is getting old, she would like to have Maggie be with for the rest of her life.

Is it possible for Maggie to re-apply her greencard through my mother? my mom is the US citizen over 20 years. and how shall we file it? just file another new application? or request to pull out her old file and file the petition?

Please advise.

Thank you
JC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">