• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No speed zone change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccbaker

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Louisiana

My wife received a speeding ticket for 65 in 50. When she mentioned to the officer that the speed limit was still 65, he then mentioned that she was getting a failure to signal added on to the ticket. I want to take to court because I have videotape of that stretch of road with the address from the ticket to verify location on the tape that shows there is no speed zone reduction from 65 to 50 in the immediate vicinity of the named address. In addition, the officer posted a Jan 04 court date instead of 05. Any advice on the speed limit issue? Does the court date error void anything? Any argument for the signal violation? Must get dropped due to the fact she was in accident first of the year and insurance will be unbearable. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

S

seniorjudge

"(1) Any advice on the speed limit issue? (2) Does the court date error void anything? (3) Any argument for the signal violation?"

(1) Ask for a jury trial and try this defense. Whether it works or not is something I do not know.

(2) No.

(3) You did not give any facts to show that she was guilty or not guilty of this charge; thus, I do not know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">