• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on H1-B while citizenship changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ceecil

Hello,

I am a Canadian immigrant (Indian passport holder)working in the US on a H1-B visa.

I changed my company and sponsor and obtained a new H1-B visa from the new company by submitting my application and passport details of my current passport (Indian).

Now I have become a Canadian citizen and I have recently applied for my Canadian passport which is due to be collected. My new H1-B visa has been obtained and is in hand. I need to go out of the country and come in on my new H1-b visa.

When I go out of the USA, I will fly to Canada. There I will now obtain the new Canadian passport I applied for after becoming a Canadian citizen.

Can I have the new H1-B work visa endorsed on my Canadian passport since I would have had to relinquish my Indian passport after becoming a Canadian citizen and collecting a Canadian passport?.

OR

Will they give me a problem to use the new H1-B visa with my Canadian passport, since the copies of my Indian passport were submitted at the time of applying for the new H1-B visa?.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">