• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I dropped out my progress from an H1B to a permanent residency status, can I continue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gustavo Hernandez

I worked for a company under an H1B visa for a bit over 5 years. My company was applying to get all the required steps and paperwork to get me and my wife a permanent status in the USA (green card)

I only had a bit longer than a year (I was on my H1B visa extension already) by the time they started it and so I was very afraid that I was not going to have enough time to get it done.

I therefore started looking for a new job, which I by the way found, quit my company and relocated back to my country land, Mexico.

I have recently heard that since there are so many illigal mexicans in the US, the INS have approved to grant permanent legal status to them as long as they can proove that they have been living there longer than 5 years.

I was wondering if this could apply for my case eventhough I am no longer in the US. And/or continue with the paperwork that my company was sponsoring for me by myself.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">