• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to Be Married to US Citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeffM

I am a canadian male citizen, wanting to be married to a Female U.S. citizen living in California. She and I would like to apply for a fiance Visa (is this the best way?) I would like to move there and begin a business Admin program. We would be both going to college. I am concerned about the "affidavit for Support" What are my chances of getting residency in the U.S. if I don't have this? Is there another way we can do this? I'd appreciate as much help as I can get on this subject, Neither of us are in a position to afford to hire lawyers at this time.

Thanks.

L

Law Student

Maybe it would be easier for you to bring her to Canada and for marriage and stuff to take place there? I think it's alot easier for Canadians to bring American's over then vice versa.

Does anyone else have any ideas for this guy?

A

another great website

I personally think it would be better to be married in the US. I think you should read a book called "Immigration Questions and Answers" by Carl Baldwin and visit his website at www.allworth.com. He replies personally to emails and is an immigration lawyer with years of experience. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">