• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removal of condition for conditional resident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rxdude

I was granted conditional resident 2 years ago. It is time for me to remove this condition. what do I need to do ? if any form to be filled where can I obtain this form ??

A

Act NOW!!!

If your conditional residence was granted because you married a US citizen and you changed status when you where less that two years married, You must act now!! Both you and your spouse are required to file a petition to have that condition removed. The form is I-751(Joint petition to remove conditional basis of Aliens permanent resident status)It costs $125.00.
This should be done during the ninety day period immediately before the second anniversary of the date you where granted conditional permanent residency.Failure to do this can result in termination of your present status and can initiate deportation proceedings. You can get the form from your local ins office or call 1 800 870 3676 and have it mailed to you. You can also download it from the ins website www.ins.usdoj.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">