• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not satisfied with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mominnc

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
In August 2004 I retained a lawyer for child custody and support issues with my ex-boyfriend. I have had contact with this attorney 3 times since then. Each time has been because I called and ask the secretary to make me an appointment since Ms. Ramsey couldn't/wouldn't call me back. Within 30 minutes I got a call.

By November I was in desparate need of financial support for our son and recieving no child support ( none for 18 months). I called attorney, (this was one of those return calls) and ask how much longer did she think this was going to take and did she think I could move faster (for support) through social services. She said I could try. So I went to social services and was in court on Dec. 7 for support and should receive my first check in January. I want just as much to get this custody thing over.... all I can get out of my attorney is that his (ex-boyfriend)attorney has not returned her calls.

I have paid this lady up front and she expects me to pay her more if this goes to court (and it is). I just do not feel that she is working "for me" I have to beg and plead and push her. If I could get what I've paid her back I'd go else where, but with what I've got invested I feel stuck.

Any suggestions?

S

seniorjudge

"Any suggestions?"

Find out where you file complaints against attorneys in your state and run this kind of behavior past them. See what they say.

Failure to communicate is the number one reason file complaints against their lawyers.

rachelsfx

File a State Bar Association Complaint

Your state bar association can disbar an attorney for such things and possibly bring criminal charges. Be nice, clear, and concise when filing a complaint and include all relevant docs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">