• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Discharge Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aknipschield

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am in the Navy. I was injured on deployment in March of 2004. They misdiagnosed me 3 times. Our medical department mistreated me my senior chief has documentation on it all. I was left on light duty for nine months. I am currently on Limited duty that is supposed to last for 8 months but I want to be out ASAP. I have ITB syndrom, PFS, and softening of all the cartlidge in my knee. I am unable to walk up stairs normally. I am unable to walk for extended periods of time and I have been informed by my Navy doctor that I am not going to get better. I have done all that I can do as far as physical therapy and have documentation from my physical therapist that I have done all that I can and have followed everything they told me to do. Both my doctor and my physcial therapist agree that I have followed all orders given. What can I do to speed up the process and ensure that I get as many benifits as possible.

Have you been to or have a date for a medical review board--- that stuff takes time-- and the only thing i can think of to speed up the process is to hand deliver all the papers and documents around the post--

are they trying to give you the run around-- if so you could possibly see a civilian doctor- but the cost of that would have to come out of your own pockets-- but just keep on them-- i hear you about the mistreatment- i had nothing but bad experiences with the armys medical system- i twisted my knee and they kept acting like i was faking it-- they wouldnt give me a profile to let my knee heal- so i ended up failing- a couple PT tests one for situps which was my fault- but the other for the run because my knee felt like there was something sharp inside- then they chaptered me for failing two PT tests.

good luck and i hope every thing works out for you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">