• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enlisting into a forgin country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leightonanthony

How can I go about enlisting into Czech Republic Army? I am 19yrs old and I want to enlist into the Czech Army and need infronmation on this subject to make a better decision. I would like also a website to check out the military over there also. Any infronmation on this subject would be greatly appreciated? Please give me as much info as you can it all is appreciated.

Thanks alot to all who read and reply

rmet4nzkx

Would your desire to join a foreign army have anythng to do with the fact that your 16 yo girlfriend is pregnant and avoiding various responsibilities?

leightonanthony

hold on a min. this is matt, Anthonys brother, I am asking about joining a forgin countrys military now if you want to help then help if not I will find further needed info from somewhere else, and for your info. my brother would never abandon his fianca and his unborn child and for your info, him and her also in about 2yrs are moving out of the united states over to proag with me. this country has gone to hell if you havent noticed, for america is about to start a world war and if you want to live, getting out of america is the best chance you have, so please info on joinning a forgin military would be appreciated, and for my borther leave him out of this.

CdwJava

WE are starting a world war?? Huh ... and here I thought that we were attacked first. Silly me.

One can argue the wisdom of invading Iraq, but we didn't draw first blood - remember that.

As for the question at hand, if you join a foreign army you will almost certainly forfeit your US citizenship if you have it now. And that is certainly up to you. And if either of you brothers does not like it here, then fine - be off with you. Since there are many more from your side of the pond seeking in, I doubt you will be sorely missed.

Good luck in the Czech Army, and keep your head down. The Balkans and central Europe is far more a powderkeg than the central USA.

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

Look Matt, how am I or anyone else to know who your are or not when you use someone elses screenname? You didn't say who you were? So, it appeared that that may have been an issue, I didn't assume, I asked, so don't get your shorts in a bind :rolleyes: Look, there is no draft in this country, so if you haven't already made a military comitment that should not be an issue, but you do need to look at what you are planning very carefully. Have you ever been there? Speak the language? Family there? When I was in East Germany shortly after the wall came down, any of the soldiers would have given just about anything to come here. That's why people from all over the world are clamoring to get into this country one way or the other.

CdwJava

Check this website from the U.S. Department of State:

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_778.html

And the pertinent section:

POTENTIALLY EXPATRIATING STATUTES
Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, states that U.S. citizens are subject to loss of citizenship if they perform certain acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship. Briefly stated, these acts include:

(1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);
(2) taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration to a foreign state or its political subdivisions (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);

(3) entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the U.S. or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);

(4) accepting employment with a foreign government if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) a declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);

(5) formally renouncing U.S. citizenship before a U.S. consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);

(6) formally renouncing U.S. citizenship within the U.S. (but only "in time of war") (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);

(7) conviction for an act of treason (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).

- Carl

cobraus

Foreign Legion

Unless you are a Czech Citizen, I believe it is impossible to join their Army. I believe the only army in the world composed of non citizen is the French Foreign Legion. They are highly trained and probably the most lethal force in the world but they suffer high casualty since they are always the first sent in dangerous situation.

CdwJava

cobraus said:
Unless you are a Czech Citizen, I believe it is impossible to join their Army. I believe the only army in the world composed of non citizen is the French Foreign Legion. They are highly trained and probably the most lethal force in the world but they suffer high casualty since they are always the first sent in dangerous situation.
Actually, the US military also accepts non-citizens. They have to swear an oath of allegiance, but is a means for many non-citizens to GAIN their citizenship.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

First of all , it's Prague. Geeez, how do you expect to join if you can't even spell?

According to 11.b. Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict, the first requirement to join the CZECH REPUBLIC ARMY is to be age 18.

The Optional Protocol was adopted by resolution A/RES/54/263 of 25 May 2000 at the fifty-fourth session of the General Assembly of the United Nations. In accordance with its article 9 (1), the Optional Protocol will be open for signature by any State that is a party to the Convention or has signed it.

Any further information you can get from the CZECH embassy here:

3900 Spring of Freedom St.
NW, Washington D.C.,
20008, U.S.A.
tel. (202) 274-9100

or here:

http://www.mzv.cz/washington/

Davidzill

First of all, we are the ones who drew first blood. That idiot Saddam had nothing to do with Al qaeda. Saddam was just an egotistical evil leader...just like the one in North Korea....just like the one in Iran....just like the idiot in Syria. All of these countries I have mentioned are far more dangerous than Iraq ever was. We are incapable of defending our own country due to our unending involvement in Iraq. If you haven't noticed, there is an alliance forming against the United States because of this Iraq debacle; and my favorite part....the latest CIA outlook report of the world in 20 years....."Most terrorism in the world will originate from iraq, for iraq offers excellent training and recruitment oppurtunities for terrorist." Because we started concentrating on Iraq in 2002/2003, we let our guard down in Afghanistan, letting Bin Laden leave to whereever he is, and we will NEVER find him. For your information, I was in Iraq with the Marines(first battalion to cross LOD into Iraq, first in Baghdad, foulluja I and II), and ALL the news channels lie...it is total anarchy in Iraq right now, and there is absolutely NO end in sight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">