• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Application for H1-B visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abhoy

I am by profession a Mechanical Engineer and my wife is a Journalist. We are currently living in Malaysia. My wife is an Indian national while I am a Malaysian citizen. We are actuially looking for jobs in the USA in our chosen fields. My question is what would be the best way to go from here. We have both tried to apply for jobs through the internet but to no success as yet. Most appreciate any help with the above.

ALawyer

Jobs for journalists are scarce! For engineers it all depends on the field.

One suggestion. If you can afford it why do both of you not apply for graduate degrees from a US university and come as students for a year or two. Then when you are here you would benefit from the education and exposure and in this economy find jobs. Or your wife could come to the US as a reporter for a foreign paper for a year or two.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">