• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Citizenship Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peggy Sue

Hi,

although i was born overseas, i was an american citizen for my father was in the american military and is an american citizen. I married an american soldier at 17, gave birth to my son in Tennessee at 18 and then moved back to germany shortly after his birth. Due to the fact that german law stated that only one american citizen per family can have a work permit over here, i gave up my citizenship so that my husband could work as well (we came back because our son was very sick and needed medical attention). Shortly after i gave up my citizenship my husband moved back to the states and i was stuck here without my citizenship. Now, that i am old enough to know better, i regret my decision and want my american citizenship back. Does anyone know if this is a possibility or do i have to wait until my son turns 18 so that he can sponsor me. I also have a little sister who is an officer in the navy, would it be easier to have her sponser me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">