• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undercover cops want me to make controled buys !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CosmicCrawler

What is the name of your state? washington
2 undercover cops came up to me on my break at work and said i looked like i was stealing my car they asked to go inside my car to get my regestration i said yes the cop then asked where my pot was i told him it was in the glove box. then he said if thats all he finds when he searches my car he will let me walk out of there . while he was searching my car the other cop started asking me alot of questions about where i got the pot and who sells it and so on . then told me i wasnt gonna walk out of there unless i help them. they told me they wanted me to make 2 controled buys for them i never answered . they took my pot no aresst and no ticket. he said if i didnt help him he would charge me for the pot. is that legal after he let me go ?? thanks

CosmicCrawler

I Dont For Sure

i dont for sure but they did show me a badge and they had guns they have also showed up at my work looking for me and have called my house.

CdwJava

They can ask, and you can refuse. They can also charge you with the possession of the marijuana.

Consult an attorney just to be on the safe side.

- Carl

nanaII

Don't cooperate...

I can tell you from a personal perspective not to cooperate. It will end up backfiring on you. If the pot possession is your first drug offense, the most you will probably get is probation. I agree with the previous posts on conferring with an attorney.

Well you cooperated and look at what it got you. Remember, police are not there to help you (most of the time), they are there to hurt you.Remember to look at these situations in this manner and it will help you a ton. Then you won't be fooled by all the little lame psychological games police love to play with people. Be adament about your rights, but don't be rude or nasty. You should not have consented to any search or anything. Tell them your name, tell them its your car, and they can look it up to verify. NOTHING else.

CosmicCrawler said:
What is the name of your state? washington
2 undercover cops came up to me on my break at work and said i looked like i was stealing my car they asked to go inside my car to get my regestration i said yes the cop then asked where my pot was i told him it was in the glove box. then he said if thats all he finds when he searches my car he will let me walk out of there . while he was searching my car the other cop started asking me alot of questions about where i got the pot and who sells it and so on . then told me i wasnt gonna walk out of there unless i help them. they told me they wanted me to make 2 controled buys for them i never answered . they took my pot no aresst and no ticket. he said if i didnt help him he would charge me for the pot. is that legal after he let me go ?? thanks
When the JUDGE asks you where your pot is, DONT say in the glovebox...please :eek:

CdwJava

watchthelaw said:
Tell them your name, tell them its your car, and they can look it up to verify. NOTHING else.
Then they can get a ride to jail. We don't have to look anything up to verify information.

If I make a traffic stop, and someone fails to provide me with adequate identification for themselves, I can take them to jail until their identity is confirmed.

Same with the vehicle information ... except with that, I can SEARCH parts of the car to try and find that information. So if they refuse to ID themselves it gives me carte blanche to do a lot of things.

Hopefully, more people will follow this advice! :cool:

- Carl

DerbyGirl

watchthelaw said:
Well you cooperated and look at what it got you. Remember, police are not there to help you (most of the time), they are there to hurt you.
Funny, I've had dealings with the police & they've always helped, not been out to get me...oh wait, I forgot - I don't do drugs.
Maybe that's it.

Here I figured it was just because I am cute. :rolleyes:

"Then they can get a ride to jail. We don't have to look anything up to verify information.
If I make a traffic stop, and someone fails to provide me with adequate identification for themselves, I can take them to jail until their identity is confirmed.
Same with the vehicle information ... except with that, I can SEARCH parts of the car to try and find that information. So if they refuse to ID themselves it gives me carte blanche to do a lot of things.
Hopefully, more people will follow this advice!"

Carl is correct, I should have been more specific in the wording of my advice. The devil is in the details. You should have produced your Id/license and your registration . You should not have consented to anything else.

"Funny, I've had dealings with the police & they've always helped, not been out to get me...oh wait, I forgot - I don't do drugs.
Maybe that's it.
Here I figured it was just because I am cute."

You are vain, thats for sure.Naive as well. And your experiences aren't the same as everybody else's. Let me guess, a young caucasian middle class female, well lucky you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">