• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor marijuana drug charges..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walkingbattery

i live in florida...i was caught with a very little amount of weed on me and this is my first offense..im 18 and i don't know what i should do at court..can someone help me out with some advice.. its a minor offense

S

seniorjudge

Also, brush your teeth, bathe, and comb your hair.

It's amazing how many people come to court dressed for the beach and smelling as if they'd just come in after an all night party....

...No hats...no sunglasses....turn off your cell phone.

And whatever you do, do not tell the judge you can do the maximum time in jail "standing on your head".

S

seniorjudge

One time a defendant charged with marijuana possession appeared before me wearing a tee-shirt emblazoned with a huge marijuana leaf and the logo: "One wild and crazy cowboy."

So, don't wear "message shirts" either.

zwara

just appear like a respectable man (not as a smart ass kid) and humble yourself before the court. Dont argue the charge (assuming you are pleading guilty) and respect the Judge and direct him "your Honor" at all times when or if you do. Marijuana is bad but not near as bad as what happens when you get caught. good luck.......

S

seniorjudge

calatty said:
Good grooming helps, but a lawyer is even better.
No one can argue with that, calatty, but OP axed:

"im 18 and i don't know what i should do at court..can someone help me out with some advice.."

That's what we all were answering....

In this forum, I always assume that the question the person first asks is the one he wants answered.

Most of the time, that assumption is wrong....

On a different note:

I had a native american friend once, named walkingbattery. Real nice fella too. He was the son of runningmanslaughter, and the grandson of standingstilljaywalking.

zwara

Florid-aise said:
On a different note:

I had a native american friend once, named walkingbattery. Real nice fella too. He was the son of runningmanslaughter, and the grandson of standingstilljaywalking.
Didnt he have a daughter called Libertywithwoodlegs?

seniorjudge said:
One time a defendant charged with marijuana possession appeared before me wearing a tee-shirt emblazoned with a huge marijuana leaf and the logo: "One wild and crazy cowboy."

So, don't wear "message shirts" either.
LMAO..Did that really happen? :eek:

Florid-aise said:
On a different note:

OMG! You one again have me rolling in the floor Florida...lol... :D

zwara

WeLL sometimes words have two meanings...when I was young and when my young friends and I would get together and smoke weed we would often say "now this is some bad S.H.I.T." meaning bad was good but of course I'm much older now and weed is no longer a part of my life but I still know bad can be good sometimes depending on the circumstances.......

Happy Trails

watchthelaw said:
"Marijuana is bad" its not bad, its a plant. That's like saying "money is evil".
Money can be used for evil doings and also has been referred to as the root of all evil.

Do I believe it's true? Not in all cases, but in some, yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">