• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Answers Please!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danaaguirre2005

What is the name of your state?CA

My daughters father is on SSI because of his eye and hearing problems. He says that SS will not make him pay any child support. Is that true? Is there anyway to collect benefits against his SSI?

rmet4nzkx

You need to give all the facts first to get answers!

You don't have the issue of custody settled yet, don't start counting on child support after taking his child away from him to deny visitation and so you can go live with your boy friend hundreds of miles away in OC.

SSI is not Social Security Disability and no, there won't be any child support for you from that and he won't be ordered to pay you child support IF you get custody. And even IF you get custody you will have to allow visitation AND provide the cost of transportation, which is why the issue of where jurisdiction is important and why your move without the courts orders for custody and visitation is still a problem whether or not you like that. You have a few days to get your act together for your next court appearance and you will have to come up with answers to these questions. Understand, there is a chance that he will get custody and you will be paying child support and the cost on transportation for your visitation.

Whine and cry all you want, but that is what happens when you move without the courts orders and the other parent fights you. As said before, you do not call the shots and if you want to go live with your new boyfriend you can but it may affect your custody etc.

danaaguirre2005

rmet4nzkx said:
You don't have the issue of custody settled yet, don't start counting on child support after taking his child away from him to deny visitation and so you can go live with your boy friend hundreds of miles away in OC.

SSI is not Social Security Disability and no, there won't be any child support for you from that and he won't be ordered to pay you child support IF you get custody. And even IF you get custody you will have to allow visitation AND provide the cost of transportation, which is why the issue of where jurisdiction is important and why your move without the courts orders for custody and visitation is still a problem whether or not you like that. You have a few days to get your act together for your next court appearance and you will have to come up with answers to these questions. Understand, there is a chance that he will get custody and you will be paying child support and the cost on transportation for your visitation.

Whine and cry all you want, but that is what happens when you move without the courts orders and the other parent fights you. As said before, you do not call the shots and if you want to go live with your new boyfriend you can but it may affect your custody etc.
I really dont like that way you refer to my boyfriend as NEW. If you only knew what i have been through in my life maybe you would be a little more understanding. I understand everything you are telling me. You are making it seem that my ex is a saint. For your info there is not going to be another court date. This is a temp. order until my child is 5. However, I was informed that there will be options for modifications within the next 4 years. It is not affecting my custody by living with my boyfriend. My ex knows him and they have no problems with eachother. I never needed a court order to move out of the county. As far as SSI goes i was just asking questions so that i dont waste my time trying. I'm not trying to take his visitations away from him, i just want to have them limited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">