• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army NG and Vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Iowa

Just something i was curious about-- When you go to your two week AT in the national guard- and you have two weeks of accured vacation time-will an employer require you to use vaction time for it- or is it against the law?

Hasnt happend to me or anything but i was just kinda wondering about it

TLWE

Title 38, United States Code

U.S. Department of Labor
(As enacted by Pub. Law 103-353, October 13, 1994)

§ 4316. Rights, benefits, and obligations of persons absent from employment for service in a uniformed service

(d) Any person whose employment with an employer is interrupted by a period of service in the uniformed services shall be permitted, upon request of that person, to use during such period of service any vacation, annual, or similar leave with pay accrued by the person before the commencement of such service. No employer may require any such person to use vacation, annual, or similar leave during such period of service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">