• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being misled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randy Bramlett

What is the name of your state? Missouri.
My name is Randy Bramlett I am married to Judy (Marks). We have been married for close to 14 years.

James Paul Bramlett was my youngest son by a prior marriage and Judy and I, have raised James Paul since he was 3 and half years old.

James Paul (J.P.) died from the neglect of the "medical staff" on duty during the early morning hours of 9-30-2004 after an auto-accident on 9-9-2004

A senior in East Prairie High School. He had already applied for College at Missouri State University in Columbia Missouri. He wanted to Major in History and Minor in music.
James Paul was guitar player, a compassionate young man, who died not through any cause of his own. He wasn't driving, but he was the only one out of three teens that was injured and died three weeks later. He was in a car accident while riding around with his drummer and his drummer's, girlfriend. They overturned and slammed into a tree at approx. 45mph. He was in the backseat, right there where they hit the tree.

This was on 9-9-2004. He was flown to St. Francis Hospital in Cape Girardeau Missouri. Where Dr. Gibbs informed us that JP had suffered severe head trauma, two broken vertebrae in his mid-back and told us that the "odds" were against him living through the night. A short time later my entire family and a few of my son’s friends arrived. We prayed for Gods mercy and healing powers to "just let JP breathe" through the night. God heard and answered our prayers. And as each day passed we prayed for God's healing power to be shed upon my young innocent son's injuries.

My wife and I never left the hospital, only to come back home and get a change of clothes and one night while his Brother, Ricky was there to watch over him, we spent one night out of three weeks at home. Because of the emotional drain it took on our whole family, seeing other families loose their loved ones at the hospital and continuously being in that "gloom and doom" environment in the waiting room 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It was horrific and terrifying to be constantly bombarded by death and grieving families.

And I felt guilty at times when JP was doing better, day by day, and another couple loosing their 23 year old son young son and having him "declared" brain dead, by one Dr. Staley, who is a quack in my eyes as a doctor, and that family "donated" their 23 year old son's "organs". They kept him alive that night and we heard the helicopter arrive at 7:00am from Barnes Hospital in St. Louis. They cut a "BEATING HEART" out of a young mans chest and "harvested" his remaining organs.

And God was truly with us all. And I seen the "MIRACLES" that God had performed on my son and my family. Each day we got some "bad news" and some "good news". We thanked God for the absolute MIRACLES that I personally seen take place in my injured son. And we prayed for the "bad news" to be healed by our Lord Jesus Christ the Savior.

This went on for 3 weeks, to the day, and JP was opening his eyes, holding our hand, turning his head, tried to talk (but had a trach-tube), he knew when we came in the room and we communicated by "blinks of his eye". One blink "YES" and two blinks "NO", he had movement in his legs and toes.

And on 9-29-2004 at 5:00pm, Dr.Gibbs gathered my family for a "progress" report and we were all told by Dr. Gibbs that in his opinion, that he thought JP was PASSED the point of life or death. That he was doing better and out of danger from dying. My entire family rejoiced and praised Jesus Christ, for the grace, mercy, healing, compassion, forgiveness and his Divine Powers, that he had blessed us all with, especially James Paul.

At 11:00pm on 9-29-2004, my son Ricky and I went up to see JP and he seemed fine other than that "puddle" around his "trach" and some "rasping" sounds coming from his chest.

Which, again, my son and I, both informed the nurses of the "leakage" and inquired if a doctor had been in to check the condition of JP's trach-tube and now, the rasping in his lungs, or was ANY doctor even aware of JP's condition of his "trach-tube" or probable cause of this occurrence.

We were given the same old excuse and assurances, by the nursing staff.

That if a "situation" arises that warrants a doctor’s attention, that they would not "hesitate" to call in a doctor to "diagnose the situation".

But at 3:15am of the 30th, (the very evening that Dr. Gibbs told my entire family "good news"), I was awaken by a strange dream, I don't recall what it involved (but I wish I could recall), but as I sat there on the edge of the couch in the waiting room, I heard over the "intercom" CODE BLUE IN SICU". That is where my precious son was. I ran up there as fast as I could go and found a "team" of medical staff, BEATING on my son's chest. I grabbed JP by the arm and shook him and told him to come back to us. But his arm was already "cool". He was already gone.

The medical staff told me that they had "turned him" to give him a bath and he went into "cardiac arrest".

But the truth is that the "trach-tube" had been "leaking" for two days and every hour when we went up to see him, there was a "puddle" around his trach-tube. And the nurse changed the gauze around the tube, but it still didn't slow down the "leaking" that was to be the eventual death of my son. We had asked the nurses repeatedly, to have Dr. Kahn (the pulmonary doctor) to come and check JP to be sure that fluid that was collecting around that trach-tube, wasn't leaking back into his lungs. But to no avail.

My sweet, young, talented Son had laid there and choked to death on the very "food" they were pumping into him. And he could "grasp" our hand and "squeeze" it, but he couldn't move his arms to grab a "buzzer" for the nurse, nor did they have one on the bed beside him.

My sweet, innocent, young son lay there and choked to death on his own fluids. After repeated attempts to get the nursing staff to inform ANY doctor to correct the problem he was having with his "trach-tube" before he chocked to death.

But now I face the dilemma of having a vengeful and spiteful EX-WIFE who thinks she is entitled to half of the insurance money, when she never helped my son out, financially or emotionally.
And my lawyers say that "she could end up getting half" of what’s left over after the cost of the funeral, headstone and flowers.
The boy that was driving, his parents only had $25,000.00 insurance.
The funeral was $6700.00, the headstone was $1500.00, and the remainder of the flowers was $169.00.
The problem is that the friends of my son, JP, raised $1400.00 for helping my wife and I out in paying our bills. We stayed at the hospital 24/7, for the 3 weeks JP was there.
And now my EX-wife wants that $1400.00 to be part of the settlement.
Is that legal?
I have an attorney, Kim Heckemeyer, of Burns and Taylor, which are handling my case on a "pro-bono" basis. (free of charge), because they are long time friends of mine.
Where-as my EX-wife has a "paid" lawyer that is set out to get every nickel they can get.
I have had full custody of my son since he was 3 and 1/2 years old and have provided 100% of his needs and necessities.
Therefore, I don't see how my EX-wife can have a claim on anything.
HELP ME IN MISSOURI

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">