• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation after quiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blownholley50

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello, ok i have 3 weeks of vacation, will be 7 years with the company on Jan 15th 2005. A couple of weeks ago i was going to make sure my vacation will be avalible on the 15th/16th and all the suddon the policy had changed and they said you have to work in 05 so many hours to get any vacation(so feb 15th i could get only 40 hours). I asked for a copy of the policy and never got it in my office! So i find my new job and the employer wanted me to start the 3rd on Jan., i accepted since my vacation was screwed. Then after i put my 2 week notice in they say something about the policy changed back to normal still screwing me due to my notice!

My main question is-- i thought you work the year before to get your vacation, so im working 04(acumilating my vacation hours this year for 05 use) to get my vacation in 05!?????? So now that im quiting the 1st of Jan, would i be pro rated 96% of work time this year and get a check cut for that time????
Thanks for any help!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not specify how an employer has to accrue vacation, or if they have to do so at all. It's entirely up to the employer whether or not vacation accrues the year before, as you go, some other way, or not at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">