• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Techwonder

I live in CT.. I get a ticket in NY.. 75 in a 55.

I know about that 48 states share information but I was told by a CT detective that is mainly by request only to prevent serious violators from getting a clean license from a neighboring state. When issued a ticket, the issuing state doesn't actively call your home DMV and 'rat on you'.

Any other thoughts on this? Should I just pay it?

BelizeBreeze

Of course NOT!!!

SUch an injustice. Hell, New York isn't even a state anymore. They left the union when Clinton moved to Harlem and now they are a possession so you have every right to break the law there and feel safe and secure in Conneticut.....until you try to renew your license :D

JETX

Techwonder said:
I live in CT.. I get a ticket in NY.. 75 in a 55.

I know about that 48 states share information but I was told by a CT detective that is mainly by request only to prevent serious violators from getting a clean license from a neighboring state. When issued a ticket, the issuing state doesn't actively call your home DMV and 'rat on you'.

You are confusing the "Drivers License Compact" with the "Non Resident Violators Compact". Connecticut is a signatory to BOTH.

They do have some 'overlapping' concerns as noted at:
http://www.hmichaelsteinberg.com/interstatecompact.htm

Since there is some duplication in their intents, both are currently being combined into one 'Drivers License Agreement'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">