• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggielouwho

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I own a condo in a small association. The condo documents states that the third floor owner has exclusive rights and use of the garden. the other owners only have the right of way for passage to the front door.

Recently a portion of the fence around the garden fell over. I was asked by the association to discuss paying for a new fence. I do not believe the association is obligated to pay for the new fence. Are we?

Further I am concerned that the present condition of the fence represents a hazard. It is winter and if someone slips and falls against the rusty metal brackets, which are exposed, would the condo association be liable?

Thank you for your attention to this issue

Last edited:

HomeGuru

maggielouwho said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I own a condo in a small association. The condo documents states that the third floor owner has exclusive rights and use of the garden. the other owners only have the right of way for passage to the front door.

Recently a portion of the fence around the garden fell over. I was asked by the association to discuss paying for a new fence. I do not believe the association is obligated to pay for the new fence. Are we?

**A: Read your CC&R's with respect to limited common elements and specifically the fence in question.
Further I am concerned that the present condition of the fence represents a hazard. It is winter and if someone slips and falls against the rusty metal brackets, which are exposed, would the condo association be liable?

**A: yes.

Thank you for your attention to this issue
**A: no problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">